Closing Date: 31 July 2019
A one year contract to fulfil the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) guidelines and register as a Biokineticist at the end of 2020. Fulfilling the outputs in a Corporate and Industrial Biokinetic centre, within a Multi-disciplinary Occupational Health Centre setting by doing physical assessments, physical rehabilitation and preventative education.
- You will be responsible for working on a shift roster: either 05h00 – 13h00 or 14h00 – 22h00 (Production dependent).
- You will be conducting screening tests amongst production and non-production associates.
- You will be responsible for conducting physical assessments on clients.
- You will be responsible for project and health promotion involvement for Plant Rosslyn and Midrand.
- You will also look after the rehabilitation of clients e.g. writing of individual programs and assistance.
- You will actively participating in managing the Biokinetic center.
- You will be responsible for the ad hoc travelling to Midrand and Vehicle distribution center as per project requirement.
Qualifications and Experience
You should have:
• BA Human movement science with honours in Biokinetics or
• BHSc. Honours in Biokinetics or
• B.Sc. Human movement science with Honours in Biokinetics or
• B. Tech Human movement science with honours in Biokinetics
• BKS number or proof of application to the HPCSA
• A driver’s license is not essential but will be a value add
• Rotational experience at variety of practices during post graduate year
• Presentation skills; computer literacy and good communication skills.
Please note that this is an initial screening process and should you not receive feedback after the closing date (31 July 2019), please consider your application unsuccessful for this internship.